There are many reasons students from around the world choose to study in Brisbane. Aside from great choices for Southbank student accommodation Brisbane wide, the city is also home to world-class educational institutions and it offers an easy vibe that students have come to love.
Here are some activities that you should try:
- Go on scenic walks with your friends. Are you trying to stay healthy, but you don’t have the extra money to pay for the gym? You don’t have to—Brisbane’s parks, forests and mountain ranges are great for walking or hiking. Plan a weekend walk with friends at Mt. Coot-tha or the Enoggera Reserve or simply spend the morning walking around one of the city’s many parks and you’ll surely break some sweat while enjoying scenic views. You can also stroll nearby your Griffith accommodation Nathan campus should you decide to stay close.
- Spend a day at the beach. Brisbane has more than 300 days of pure sunshine each year. So, if you feel like getting a tan or simply want to unwind after a long exam week, head to South Bank for a dip in the Streets Beach. This beach-style lagoon, which could be just minutes away from your Southbank student accommodation Brisbane area, also has a boat pool for you to enjoy. Brisbane beaches are even perfect during the winter because temperatures stay at 20 degrees, which makes it perfect for short trips from your Griffith Nathan accommodation. During Sundays, you can enjoy an afternoon picnic at River Quay while listening to free live music.
- See the city from different perspectives. Whether you’re new to the city or not, you should take advantage of a free tour of the City Hall clock tower at King George’s Square. At 76 metres high, the tower offers one of the best views of the city and you don’t have to pay anything to enjoy it. If you want to explore Brisbane’s inner city, on the other hand, you should take the CityHopper ferry, a free hop-on/hop-off service between Sydney Street and North Quay ferry terminals. This trip lets you see the city from the water and explore its inner suburbs without paying for transportation. Plus, it won’t be too far from your Southbank student accommodation Brisbane area.
- Experience world-class art. Brisbane is home to the largest gallery of modern art, the Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art, where you can see beautiful exhibits showcasing works from historical and contemporary artists. You can also learn about the city’s history through the Museum of Brisbane or enjoy theatre and music events at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.
- Of course, you can’t stay in Australia without seeing a koala in its natural habitat. Daisy Hill Koala Park has an educational facility that teaches you about Australian animals and lets you see koalas in a large outdoor enclosure. How lovely indeed it is to live at a Queensland university of technology accommodation where sights like this are just your neighbours.
Studying in Brisbane is definitely more than just getting a degree. It also gives you the opportunity to experience the city’s unique culture, lifestyle, and vibe that make it appealing to thousands of other students from around the world. Book now at https://studentone.com/!